It’s been over a decade since taking my leap of faith, dropping out of college, starting up my first business and saying yes to my dream of playing Professional Golf and having complete freedom in my life.
Nothing, and I mean nothing, has unfolded how I ever imagined it would have when I first began this wild and crazy journey.
I went from selling offensive t-shirts online to teaching meditation to thousands of people online. I went from pursuing professional golf to taking a six year hiadus to coming back around and breathing life into that dream once again.
Yes, life certainly has a sense of humor. I don’t believe there is a straight and narrow path when it comes to bringing our visions to life. It’s more of a zig-zaggy mountain labyrinth that feeds on our fears and rewards us for our courage and laughs in our face when we get to serious – mixed with a side of magic, mystery and a whole lot of good times – oh yes, and crying. Lots and lots of crying! haha
In my decade+ of entrepreneurial adventures, I’ve had many chapters of life, as I’m sure you have over the last ten years as well. I went from a young, cocky 20 year old who thought he had the world by the kahunas to having the metaphysical, financial, creative, spiritual, mentally, emotional and any other ‘al’ words beat outta mean again and again and again. Good times had by all!
So how has entrepreneurship become one of my Spiritual paths and practices?
- When I don’t own my shit and take 100% responsibility for myself and my success, I fail – and I keep failing until I get it.
- It teaches me to listen to the voice of courage over the voice of fear with in me. The voice of courage is the strong silent type, so it’s taught me to really listen.
- It has taught me selfless service like nothing else. When I make it about me, I block the flow of creativity, fun and finances. When I make it about being of service to others (truly) it makes me feel connected to a bigger purpose.
- It has taught me to trust my intuition, instincts, creative impulses and the Universe or what-have-you. I notice that when I take one step towards my vision, my vision takes one step towards me. Waiting for “The Universe to Deliver” gets me nowhere. It’s a partnership with all of creation to make shit happen.
- It has forced me to be self reflective, creative and extremely resourceful – especially when money’s tight and I need to make big things happen — fast!
- It is kind of like going to The School of Learning to Create my Reality. Turning ideas or thoughts into action and a real life creation in the physical form. It’s such a cool experience.
- It requires me to be focused, discipline, patient and to have integrity so that I follow through on my word until the completion of my goal.
- I must be very intentional with my time, energy, resources and the direction I wish to guide my life – otherwise the Weapons of Mass Distraction can throw me off my path.
- It has humbled me, broke me down, built me back up and taught me so much about the cycles of birth, death and creation.
- It can be a path to personal freedom or a self created hell. The choice is always mine.
- I have learned to put everything on the line for something I truly believe in (again and again).
- Growing my businesses and service has been a devotional practice that I’ve put my whole heart into.
- I have learned to align my lifestyle with my business so that everything I do is in alignment with my dream lifestyle while supporting everything I do in my businesses. This has taught me to know when to say no and when to say yes and when to say, I’m going golfing or for a hike – see yah!
- It has shown me the beauty and complexity of nature. For every idea I have, there are many moving parts, small actions that must be taken, people involved, resources needed, certain unknowns and steps to be taken and when it all works in harmony and flows it is truly a miracle! haha
- My life, my time, my success and my failures are my own. What I do with all of it is totally up to me. I am the Master of my dreams and the time I have on Earth. #TrueFreedom
Are you an entrepreneur?
What have been some of the life-changing lessons you’ve learned on your path to creating personal and financial freedom?
I’d love to hear!
Bradley T. Morris
Bradley T. Morris helps creative, entrepreneurial, freedom-seekers who are on a mission to share their gifts, serve the world and build a meaningful business that aligns with their passions, to get clear, intentional & focused so they can create what they actually want in life. He lives in paradise on a small island with his wife and is actively pursuing his life-long dream of playing professional golf. Brad creates transformational eCourses which have reached people in 27+ countries, produces comedy + music marketing videos and by coaches leaders and world-changers to rock their gifts and (#GSD) Get Shit Done while having fun!
More about Bradley at www.BradleyTMorris.com
Discover the Great eCourse Adventure here.